Baking soda is another fantastic chemical free solution for everything from tennis shoes, to Diaper pails. Here are 21 ideas for that box of baking soda sitting it your pantry.
1) Carpet Freshener – Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet, and let it sit overnight. Vacuum up the next day and your home will be free of odors.
2) Cat boxes – Sprinkle baking soda in with your cats litter. This will help to avoid the neutralize any kitty odors.
3) Laundry – Add 1/2 cup to your load of laundry. It acts like a laundry detergent booster.
4) Toilet bowl cleaner – Add some baking soda to your toilet, and give it 15 minutes to work it’s magic. Swirl the toilet brush around the sides, and flush.
5) Stain fighters – Take some baking soda and a few drops of water to scrub stains in clothing.
6) Stinky shoes – Sprinkle baking soda in those stinky shoes. Let them sit overnight and shake out in the morning. The baking soda will absorb that stink.
7) Your refrigerator, and freezer – Stick a box of baking soda (open) in the back of your refrigerator and freezer to absorb the odors.
8 ) Sink scrubber – Sprinkle into your sink as you would Comet. Use a scrub brush or greenie to clean without the chemicals.
9) Diaper pails – Add a cup of baking soda to your diaper pail solution to help neutralize the ammonia smell often occurring in diaper pails.
10) Toothpaste – Mix baking soda with a little peroxide, and brush your teeth.
11) Bath soak – Add a cup of baking soda to your bath to give you smooth skin.
12) Air freshener – In a small container, mix together 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon scented bath salts. Place the container on a window seal, or in an out of the way corner, for a simple air freshener.
13) Ant and cockroach repellent – Put a small bowl of baking soda under sinks to repel these pesky bugs. Also sprinkle along base boards to prevent ants.
14) Oil-Free locks – Sprinkle on a brush and brush your hair to help remove extra oily hair. This is particularly helpful in summer months.
15) Pet deodorizer – Sprinkle on your pets coat, and brush. This will remove those nasty doggie smells.
16) Fluffy scrambled eggs – Add 1/2 teaspoon to each 3 eggs, cook as usual, and watch those flat eggs, look fluffy and beautiful!
17) Deodorant – Sprinkle some baking soda on a dry wash cloth and “Powder” your underarms.
18) Burnt food on grills – Sprinkle on your grill, allow to sit for 15-20 minutes, and rinse.
19) Oven cleaner – In a bowl mix together 1 cup Baking soda, and just enough water to make a thin paste. Apply to the inside of the oven, and let sit for 2-4 hours. Use a clean cloth and fresh water to wipe down.
20) Diaper rash – Add 2-4 tablespoons of baking soda to your baby’s bath to help relieve that sore bottom.
21) An amazing facial – Mix together 1/3 cup baking soda and 2/3 cup oatmeal. Add just enough water to make this into a THICK paste. Apply to your face and allow to dry. Wash face with clean water, and your skin will feel refreshed!Image Credit: meredith.com