Fuel can be quite pricey, especially in this economic recession. This is especially true when your automobile is not compact and you do a lot of driving. There are ways you can cut the cost down and in so doing save money.
- One of the most practiced ways of saving fuel is by carpooling. Sharing the drive with others cuts down several fill ups during the week and also helps out those who carpool with you. This also saves on the wear and tear of vehicles.
- Don’t let your fuel tank get to low. When your fuel tank gets below three fourths full, filler up. By keeping your tank full it saves you money. You’re not spending a large sum of money, at one time, trying to fill up an empty tank. It also keeps the sediments of gasoline down to the bottom of the tank, causing less of a problem with your fuel system.
- Check your tires. If your tires are not at the correct level of air, fill them up, if over inflated, deflate some. Tires with to little or to much air throws off the proper working mechanics cars causing it to use more gas, so keep those tires properly aired.
- Get the oil changed in your car when it’s scheduled. Waiting too long puts a burden on the car’s engine causing it not to work at its best, which then can cause the fuel to be used much quicker than normal.
- If you live close to work, walk. There is no better way to save money and fuel than by walking. By walking to work, not only do you save money when it comes to fuel, you’re also doing your body good by exercising. Really there is no need to drive to work when you live close, unless there is bad weather in the forecast walk.
- Local transport. Granted some cities have cut back on local transport because of the economy, but using this form of traveling is far cheaper than driving most times. For a small fee you can ride the bus to and from work.
- If you have no pressing needs, stay home. If you’re not out driving, you’re not spending money. Find things to do for fun around the home. Pick and choose those moments when you need to get out and drive to do something or take care of needs. Try to get everything done in one day with a well planned out schedule. Start from the furthest point and work back towards home, doing all that can be done from location to location.
Unless you’re a millionaire and have no financial worries, taking advantage of money saving tips is a good thing. Even those who have no money worries are usually very careful about how they spend their money. Plan head and be smart.