by Christina J
If you’re looking for a non-toxic, affordable cleaner for your home, look no further than your kitchen cupboards. White distilled vinegar has amazing cleansing properties and is safe to use around pets and children. Concerned about the odor? Don’t be. The vinegar odor disappears completely after surfaces are dry. To make an all-purpose cleaner using vinegar, fill a spray bottle with a half vinegar and half water solution. Try these cleaning tips to make your house sparkle:
1. Clean windows using the half vinegar and half water solution. Simply spray the solution on the window and wipe clean using newspaper or lint-free cloth.
2. Prevent mildew in your shower by spraying the shower curtain and shower walls with pure vinegar. Use caution if your shower is made of tile; vinegar is a mild acid.
3. Use vinegar as a rinse aid in your dishwasher. Fill the rinse aid dispenser full of vinegar and wash dishes as usual. Vinegar removes spots on dishes and leaves them sparkling clean.
4. Wipe down your kitchen surfaces using a half vinegar and half water solution. This solution will kill most germs safely.
5. Get cleaner laundry by adding half a cup of vinegar to your rinse cycle. The vinegar reduces lint on clothing, keeps colors bright and softens as well as a fabric softener. Don’t worry about the vinegar smell; it won’t be on your clothes.
6. Make your stainless steel appliances sparkle by wiping them with a cloth dipped in pure vinegar.
7. Clean your toilet by pouring vinegar directly into your toilet bowl. Allow the vinegar to sit for 10 minutes, scrub with a brush and flush.
8. Soak your soap dish in a half vinegar, half water solution to remove gunky soap build up. This works better if the vinegar-water solution is warm.
9. Mop your floors with a solution of one cup of vinegar to one gallon of water. This is safe for most floor types. When using this solution on wood floors, dry the floor with a clean cloth after mopping.
10. Disinfect your children’s toys and books by spraying with a half vinegar, half water solution and wiping clean.
Image Credit: Heinz