by Ashley S.
Making desserts to please the entire family does not have to mean sacrificing time or money. With some prior planning, you can whip up a alternative to ice cream that uses real fruit. To add decadence to this dessert without making it too sinful, a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk is poured on top, giving this dessert the flavor of peaches and cream in a chilly treat that is perfect for cooling off with on the hottest summer days.
Peaches and Cream Sherbet
2 – 14 ounce can peach slices in heavy syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
1. Place both cans of peach slices in the freezer overnight or until frozen solid.
2. Open both ends of each of the frozen can of peaches with a can opener and empty the contents into a food processor’s work bowl.
3. Add the extract and 1/4 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk.
4. Pulse the mixture several times until it becomes smooth. Add more milk if needed.
5. Serve the sherbet in individual bowls topped with 1 to 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk for each serving.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings